Enjoy high-quality books about the game of Go on your iPad and iPhone. Replay moves and solve problems directly within diagrams. A better experience than printed books, at half the price.
The books listed on this page are Go books for the SmartGo Books app. Go books can be purchased from within the free SmartGo Books app.
- Free chapter for each book.
- Play and replay moves in diagrams.
- Interactive problem diagrams.
- Zoom partial diagrams to see whole board.
- Text enhanced with inline diagrams.
- Adjustable font and layout.
- Some multi-lingual books (Japanese, German & Spanish).
- Buy once, read on both iPad and iPhone.
Problem diagrams are interactive: Play the move you think is correct, and SmartGo Books will indicate whether you're right or wrong. Test it out in the sample of 501 Tesuji Problems, for instance.
Tired of figuring out cryptic move sequences embedded in the text? Tap an inline diagram in SmartGo Books to see those moves as a diagram.
SmartGo Books includes 2 books that are multi-lingual: Michael Redmond’s Patterns of the Sanrensei includes Japanese, and Yuan Zhou’s How Not to Play Go includes Spanish. You can switch the text on-the-fly between the two languages, or choose to see both languages - ideal for brushing up on your language skills!
List of Books
SmartGo Books is currently offering 58 Go books that you can buy using in-app purchase; more books are in the works.
Check out the list of books.